Search This Blog

Monday, September 12, 2011

Financial Aid for Single Parents

When I attended college, I searched through grants and loans to help me in my chosen field. Unfortunately for me (and others who want work in creative fields), not many colleges offered aid unless we are prepared to wear a set of scrubs or farmers overalls.

Today, so many scholarships are available for creative people that anybody interested in the performing arts, including dance, drama, broadcasting, and music can find numerous sources for financial aid. See the list below. Included in the list are forms you will need.

And yes, you can use this blog to locate scholarships for nursing and farming as well.

For scholarships to performing arts schools, visit Performing Arts Schools.

The Donna Reed Foundation, located in Denison, Iowa (Donna Reed's hometown), offers scholarships for students interested in the Performing Arts.

The Andrew Lloyd Webber Foundation offers scholarships for the Performing Arts.

Numerous other performing arts scholarships are available. If you plug "performing arts scholarships"  (or "writing scholarships) into your search engine, you'll find over a million results. I've listed only a few. You can also try plugging in grants and loans.

NOTE: Grants and scholarships are monies given to students that do not need to be repaid. Loans, on the other hand, must be repaid.

All college-age students will hear the term, FAFSA, which stands for Free Application for Federal Student Aid. You can submit your application electronically by clicking the link. All students who wish to receive college financial aid will need to complete this form.

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Help For Single Parents

Click here for some GREAT DEALS – KIDS LOVE THIS!


Tell Others About This Blog