Search This Blog

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Helping a Child Cope With Loss

If you are divorced, whether you are the custodial parent or the noncustodial parent, your child suffers a loss each time he or she leaves one parent for the other.

If you or your spouse is in the military, your child suffers a loss when one parent is away.

If your child loves a grandparent or a favorite aunt or uncle, maybe even an older sibling and that person moves away, your child suffers a loss. 

Be aware of your child's sense of helplessness over the loss. Comfort your child and talk about feelings and thoughts. Help your child cope by using whatever means are available to you.

Several years ago I wrote an article about the HugAHero doll. Because I feel this doll is so important and because I saw firsthand the way my great granddaughter responded to her Daddy Doll, I wanted to resurrect that article to help children who suffer through separation and/or loss, so I invite you to read: Help for Children Who Experience a Loss.

Want to read more from this author? Please either see the sidebar or click my Gallery of Posts and THANK YOU for visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Help For Single Parents

Click here for some GREAT DEALS – KIDS LOVE THIS!


Tell Others About This Blog