Translate

Search This Blog

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Answers Come In Dreams


Believe it or not, when I've been beaten up emotionally, when the answers to all my prayers feel so far away they seem unreachable, I send myself to bed with a command to dream the answers.

Before I got divorced, for example, I asked for a dream to tell me if I should get divorced. I did everything imaginable to prepare myself for making an informed decision. One dream indicated that I should divorce my (now ex) husband, but I couldn't rely on just one dream. I visited a priest, I read the Bible cover to cover, hoping that something or somebody would enlighten me with ANSWERS. I went to Alanon demanding them. Was I making a mistake by staying with an alcoholic? How would my children survive after living in such chaos? Or would they build "character" if I stayed with him?

Of course, nobody would tell me what to do. I had to figure it out on my own. So I asked for another dream. That one too, indicated divorce, but I couldn't rely on just dreams, right?

So I bought books on divorce and how it affected children, I read about how, if I divorced him, I should move close to him so he could visit every night if he wanted to, but months later, I still didn't know what to do. So I said, "God, you know me. I need things spelled out in black and white. Please give me a dream that tells me exactly what I should do."

A couple of nights later I dreamed that my husband handed me a document. The black words across the top of the legal-sized white paper read, "Decree of Divorce."

I didn't need anyone to analyze that dream. I knew what it meant because I had asked for it. If you are having difficulty understanding your dreams and you want them analyzed for free, read my article, "Have Your Dreams Analyzed FREE During National Dream Weekend."

1 comment:

  1. I've yet to make myself fly in my dreams. I've been trying for years.

    ReplyDelete

More Help For Single Parents

PlanetUSA

Tell Others About This Blog